Topics covered will include…
- Epidemiology of Cycling Injuries
- The most common injuries in cycling
- Assessment of the injured cyclist
- Rehabilitation principles for cycling injuries
- Core principles of cycling – Force management, muscle activity, joint alignments.
- Stress in a cycling position – Bike adjustments and physiological effects
- Method introduction; Screening a position for stress using functional testing, quality of movement and client evaluation
- Clinical Assessment / Screening of the cyclist
- Rehabilitation workshop
- On the bike functional screening – demonstrations of how forces can be moved through the body to load/offload different structures
- Understand the common injuries in cycling and best practice treatments
- Understand how Bike fitting and Physiotherapy are used together to rehabilitate injured cyclists
- Find the best bike position to minimise stress to the injured area to maximise successful recovery
BSc (Hons) Physio, MSc (Sports Medicine)
IBFI Level 2 Certified Bike Fitter
Bryan has recently been awarded the IBFI 2020 Travel and CPD Grant. “I have been working in musculoskeletal medicine for over 13 years. I have been a passionate cyclist since I can remember so combining these two loves was a no brainer. I have worked with cyclists from commuters to elite athletes and always found the need to help these riders beyond seeing them in clinic.”
Course length 2 days
Dates TBC 2020
Location Bath, UK
Please use the form below to request more information and to book.
COURSE DATES BACK TO COURSE LIST
You must be logged in to post a comment.