Designing custom frames, the effects of geometry on the ride and using BikeCAD
- The vehicle dynamics of a bicycle
- How the different elements of frame/bicycle geometry effect the ride character
- No experience needed although a keen interest in bicycles and a basic knowledge of physics are essential.
- Bike handling how does is work
- Geometry design what to look at
- Bikecad, how does it work – a practical demonstration of designing a custom bicycle from a bike fit.
Course Length 1 Day
Paulton, Somerst, UK (Nearest airport Bristol, nearest train station Bath Spa, direct link to Heathrow)
“Last week I studied “inside” custom frame design! Especially for providing custom-made frames, I am now able to assess the design itself. Even make a frame “design” and submit it to the framebuilder. Especially useful when it comes to cyclists who (for whatever reason) cannot get what they need with a standard frame geometry.” 2018 Participant